Monday, September 30, 2013

Project #2 Progress Report on PLN

people linked together in a Personal learning network

Beginning Stages:

For my Personal Learning Network I chose to use Symbaloo. I chose this site to create my PLN because it is very easy to maneuver and organize. To use Symbaloo you add tiles to a webmix and each tile contains a link. Symbaloo has helped me organize all of my EDM310 networking sites and many educational sites that I have found on my own.

As of right now, my PLN contains contains information about :

Social Media
Twitter -I use Twitter to follow many USA staff and students, as well as other educators.
YouTube -I use YouTube for my EDM310 class projects, and also to watch assigned material and related materials.
Learnist -Learnist is a site very similar to Pinterest but has categories such as Education, and Learning. I am new to Learnist but from what I have found on it I believe it will be a great site to have in my PLN.

The University of South Alabama
I have links for the South Alabama homepage, which is useful to have because they post school information to the main webpage.

EDM310
I have links to the EDM310 blog and links to My Blog. These are useful to have on my PLN because after leaving this class it will make it easier to find the two if I need to view them for any reason.

Writing Tools
I have links to Purdue Owl and Grammar Girl. These sights are useful to have in my PLN because I can send my students there or use tips from the sites to help improve my writing or my students writing.

I also have contact information from former professors at USA and many personal friends who are already teachers in many different grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment